Free 30 minute consultation Toll Free Internationally

Choosing, Intervention Professionals

Choosing your Intervention Professional

Certified Intervention Professional (CIP) is an expert whose training, credentials and experiences also include formal accredited training across a blend of specializations including substance abuse, addictions, family systems and intervention techniques. Many interventionists find themselves choosing this specialization after completion of studies in psychology, doctorate programs, mental health, and counselling, addressing a need to support a highly underserved and suffering

An interventionist, once assigned to a case, is responsibility for facilitating, educating, overseeing and supporting the family, loved ones and identified person throughout the entire intervention and aftercare process.

It is recommended that you ensure that your intervention professional is adequately educated and accredited as you look for expertise to help you navigate through this difficult phase. Organizations whose accreditations are widely recognized in both Canada and the United States include:

  • (AIS) Association of Intervention Specialists
  • (NII) Network Independent Intervention
  • (PCB ) Pennsylvania Certification Board

If you are uncertain as the appropriate credentials in your area, please do not hesitate to reach out to us, we would be happy to help you find a qualified expert and are also able to direct you to multiple approved professionals throughout North America.

Credentials/ Degrees

Many Certified Intervention Professionals will have years of work experience for the treatment of substance abuse and/or mental health also have other degrees such as.

Degree from an accredited college/university that is recognized by Higher Education Accreditation
Education and professional work experience
Certified Intervention Professional (CIP)
Licensed Advance Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LAADC)
Licensed Therapist (MFT) trained in interventions
Masters in Substance Abuse Counseling
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCW)
California Association of Alcohol and Other Drug Counselors
Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor
BA in Psychology (Bachelor of Arts)
PhD “Doctor of Philosophy
R.N.s Master’s in Nursing Education
Law degree

More questions?

We provide a 30-minute free consultation by gathering information on clients assessing the current situation and providing professional direction to discuss all options that are open to you and your loved ones.

Get Help Now

1-800-638-1812 Toll Free Internationally

415-827-3725 Cell /Text
415-578-2875 Office